Friday, August 07, 2009

Lunching Dangerously

Today for lunch I shall be having a prison potato.

Let me explain: the nonprofit agency where I work has established working relationships with many members and other organizations in the community. Also, we take donations of just about anything - money, appliances, clothes, food - you name it, it's probably been through here before.

The other day a local prison (one of the many located in this area) donated 83 (yes, we have to count every single item that comes in) baked potatoes, which were still warm, two vats of butter, sour cream, and a bag of shredded cheese the size of a throw pillow.

Just in case I don't make it out of lunch alive, you'll know what I've been eating. Hopefully, there won't be a file, razor, or shank in my lunch. We shall see. Wish me luck!

No comments: