Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Paperbackswap.com

I cannot wait to be able to read for fun all the time. For now, my fun reading is interrupted by school (boo), but graduation is in six weeks, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel! If it's possible to have an addiction to books, I totally have one. The great thing about reading when I'm too poor to travel (because I'm doing an internship, so basically working full-time for free) is that getting into a good book is like taking a mental vacation. Just recently I got to hang out with a fictional first lady in Washington DC through reading American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld. I went to London in Confessions of a Shopaholic, I've even been to Paris recently with Left Bank by Kate Muir; all from the comfort of my own couch/bed. Good times.

Brad and I are hooked on paperbackswap.com, where you can post old books for credits, and then you can use your credits to order books from other people. Super cool. You should do it.

I can't wait to take more brain vacations (braincations?) soon, very soon.

1 comment:

iannopollo.com said...

If you like paperbackswap, you might also be interested in Old Switcheroo, which allows you to trade books, as well as movies, music and video games. It is in pre-beta, but will be releasing soon.

Glad to hear you're graduating soon. I spent much too much time in school and was glad to get to the real world and find out that homework doesn't exist outside of academia! Congrats!