Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I made a tote bag!

I know it's been a long time since I posted about Simple Sewing by Lotta Jansdotter, but I have finally completed a project. I made Lotta's simple tote, and let me tell you, it looks cute. I'm sure if you were to look at it closely, you could find many imperfections, but considering I had never made anything like it before, I'd say I did a pretty damn good job.

Here's what it's supposed to look like, according to the book:
You can find the simple tote instructions, straight from the book, at Canadian Living.
I decided to make mine with a longer strap, since I like to throw tote bags over my shoulder instead of having to hold them in my hand. Even if I don't end up using it for work or class, it could always serve as a reusable shopping bag.

















Maybe it would look better hanging from a tree or something. I think I might add a little embroidery or an appliqué, but I haven't decided yet.

No comments: