Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Long, Rainy Weekend

So, we had a long weekend for Memorial day, which was nice, except for all the rain! We decided to go out on Saturday and drive down to the Woodlands for lunch, and then 1960 to go to Half Price Books. (Brad and I thought it would be a good idea to go load up on books a couple of times this summer, since I've been on a reading kick and my to-read list has gotten pretty long.) Well, for most of the drive down it was raining so bad we could barely see the road, and that was pretty scary. We had lunch at the Olive Garden, then we were on out way to get some books. We spotted a large consignment/antique store, so we had to stop and take a look. We bought a huge dark wood tray that fits right into our decor, and I bought an embroidered Mrs. pillowcase because I just thought it was cute.

Anyway, after out little outing, we didn't have anywhere else to go, and we didn't want to go out in the rain anyway, so I had to find something to do. I found this really cool recipe for Homemade Oreos on Smitten Kitchen through notmartha. I made a batch, and they are so delicious. They go really good with milk.


We passed the rest of the time working on this puzzle that Brad picked up at a garage sale. Well, I worked on it by myself mostly. Brad didn't have the patience to deal with all the blue and that black corner. It was pretty tough, but it sure was fun. I love putting puzzles together.

Overall, though, it was a pretty sleepy weekend. We got to sleep in, and then nap; it was nice. Something about the rain makes me want to be in bed.

No comments: