Monday, April 09, 2007

Getting Crafty

I've decided that I want to be more crafty. I enjoy making things and being productive, but I don't think I'm good at anything or I'm just too overwhelmed to know where to start. Anyway, I started with "gardening." What I really did was put some plants in some pots by the front door. Actually, I think one of them is already starting to die and I just did it yesterday! I have a brown thumb. Anyway, here are my plants.





My other first step in getting crafty was borrowing my mom's sewing machine indefinitely. Now, I just have to learn how to sew. I haven't used a sewing machine since 8th grade home ec, when I made the most deformed teddy bear the world has ever laid eyes on. Seriously, though. His ears were at 11 o'clock and 3 o'clock and his poor little tail was only half sewn on. Then, I stuffed him until he was as hard as a month-old loaf of bread. The only thing I'm missing is this book:
I saw it on Not Martha, and I already asked Brad to get it for me so I can make cool stuff for our project we call home. I think I might start with some placemats and napkins, but then again who knows.

No comments: