Monday, August 07, 2006

This and That

I think I'm going to start checking out books from the library so i don't have to buy them. I already have a nice little list going of what to read next. I've been trying to find a copy of that "100 books to read before you graduate from high school" list, but I haven't had any luck. I don't even know if it's actually 100 books, so if anyone who reads this knows what I'm talking about and/or maybe has a copy or knows where to find one, just let me know and I'll appreciate it a lot.

I wrote in my journal last night for the first time in about 4 months. I always forget how good it feels to have a private journal where you can just let out all your thoughts and no one will ever know about them, hopefully. After I finished that, I started going through and reading entries in my old journal. I couldn't help but feel stupid and silly remembering all the things I would get excited about or stress about. I'm sure I'll feel the same way in however many years when I look over my most recent journal entries. It's just so interesting to be able to guage how many changes I've made since high school. I just wish I could be more consistent about it.

So, I sent off about 10 ideas for greeting cards today to a place called Oatmeal Studios. They pay $75 for each idea they use, so maybe I'll make at least $75, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. It would be neat, though! Not only can I use some extra cash, but it would be cool to be able to say that I'm a published greeting card writer. I could be like Adam Sandler in Mr. Deeds, only I won't inherit billions of dollars just out of nowhere and then find out that it really belongs to my creepy butler who has a thing for feet. Maybe I'll be able to come up with some more clever stuff to send it. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Marjorie Wise said...

Good luck with Oatmeal Studios. It has been years since I submitted any card ideas, but several years ago I sold two to Gibson Greetings for $100 each and it was an incredible thrill. I can't seem to get my mind in greeting card mode. I hope you sell all 10!